I Am Chevening 😃

The theme of this week’s blog post is very near and dear to my heart: The Chevening Scholarship Programme.

If you recall in my 1st blog post, I did mention that I was 1 of the 11 Chevening Scholars here at the University of Surrey.

What is the Chevening Programme?

Funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO), Chevening is the UK 🇬🇧 Government’s International awards scheme aimed at developing global leaders. It’s a very competitive programme which offers scholarships for post-graduate studies to outstanding individuals who have demonstrated the capacity to be change makers and hold influential positions in their home countries.

In my own words? Chevening is a life-changing opportunity!

It’s indeed amazing…

…to have been selected among the 1700 Chevening Scholars for the year 2017/2018 out of the 65,000 people who applied 🌍

…to be part of a 35 years old respected global network strong of 48,000 leaders 🤝

…to be given the chance to study at one of the top 10 Universities in the UK 🇬🇧

…to be able to explore the UK 🇬🇧 and learn about its deep cultural heritage

…to be inspired by exceptional leaders from the UK such as Michael Hastings, Lord Hastings of Scarisbrick CB; Joanna Roper CMG, Special Envoy for Gender Equality at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office; Boris Johnson, Secretary of State of Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs

…to make long-lasting and international connections and friendships

…to be even further empowered to contributing in making the world a better place 🌍

Let me quickly introduce you the other amazing scholars here at the University of Surrey :

• Sonia from Jordan 🇯🇴
  • Amuelle from Montserrat 🇲🇸
  • Bien from Vietnam 🇻🇳
  • Pwint from Myanmar 🇲🇲
  • Peter from Uganda 🇺🇬
  • Abed from Palestine 🇵🇸
  • Ahmad from Malaysia 🇲🇾

Missing from this picture are Daisy from Papua New Guinea 🇵🇬; Madina from Uzbekistan 🇺🇿 and Yi Feng from China 🇨🇳

If you would like to learn more about the Chevening Scholarship programme: http://www.chevening.org/ or you can email me at international@surrey.ac.uk

Thank you for reading,

Until next time,

Yasmine 🙋🏽