GOLD Star Award

Sorry for keeping you in the dark about the STAR Awards. I am super busy lately with exams and revising I couldn’t write a blog. Now that I managed to write this blog I want to say good luck to those of you who still have exams and to the rest that finished enjoy the holidays 🙂 So here it goes WE WON A GOLD STAR AWARD for the first time!!!!!!. I am still very enthusiastic from the student ball award night. Firstly, I have to congratulate the student union for the amazing night at G Live. To be honest, it was the first time I attended a ball and everything was lovely. I was super proud to go on stage and receive our award on behalf of the Hellenic Society. Our society put a lot of effort to fill in the forms and provide evidence to support our claim that we had a pretty successful year. In the end, we managed to convince the union and we are now a gold star society which means we really made an outstanding contribution to the student community here at Surrey. The most important thing for me is that all societies awarded fund raised money for various charities both in the UK and abroad. But any of these achievements wouldn’t be possible without our members support and the love they showed to all of our events throughout this year. Hellenic & Cypriot societies are really welcoming to anyone that wants to join so I urge our freshers next year to go and join them at Freshers Fair. The new society members are very promising and will do their best to deliver great Greek Nights with even more diverse concepts.

Lots of love,

Lito Rose