Côte d’Azur for a weekend

Hi everyone! I know that lately my blog has been all about travelling – but I love sharing my trips with you and for me it’s such an important part of studying here!

Last week my friend and I took full advantage of having a long weekend and headed to France for a few days. Two weeks ago we realized we had a Monday off and could not resist checking flight prices. We found a really good deal and decided to head to Nice for the weekend, where her family has an apartment. I’m so glad to have found amazing friends who are up for spontaneous adventures like this!

After our exam on the Friday, we were super excited to leave England for a few days. Nice is the capital of the French Riviera and such a beautiful city – I highly recommend you to visit it if you get the chance! The weather was amazing and we spent the weekend wandering around the city, relaxing on the beach and cooking delicious food! We also went to an art museum devoted to the work of the French artist Henri Matisse. I constantly had to remind myself that it’s still March and we’re in the middle of the semester, because it just felt like summer already.

In my opinion university is the best time for spontaneous trips, especially if you live close to a metropolis like London with five airports! Flights can be so affordable and in most cases it’s all down to prioritizing what you spend your money on. We landed home on Tuesday and are now going to get carried away with work until we leave for our Easter break in two weeks’ time – which means more travelling!

Have a wonderful day!