My favourite restaurants in Guildford

Guildford is amazing when it comes to restaurants, there are so many good places! Being a student, its obviously not possible to go out to eat all the time, but I do love trying new places with friends or family or going for an occasional post-exam celebratory dinner with my course mates.

So here are some of the places in Guildford I love:

1.Jeita

Jeita is a Lebanese restaurant which recently opened close to North Street. The other week I went there with a few friends and it exceeded all my expectations. The food was amazing and the service excellent. I was super excited to see that Jeita now also has a food stall at our Thursday Fruit and Vegetable market!

2.Sushi Nara

I absolutely love sushi, so obviously I had to suss out all the sushi places around town! Sushi Nara is a lovely little Japanese and Korean restaurant on North Street. They offer a wide range of appetizers, salads, sushi and main dishes.

3.Raviz

This indian place recently opened in Guildford town centre and is located just between High Street and North Street. We decided to try it as it had so many amazing reviews and it really is the best Indian place I’ve been to in Guildford.

4.Franco Manca

Franco Manca is a sourdough Neapolitan pizzeria operating many restaurants in the UK and Italy. They offer sourdough pizza made with properly sourced and seasonal ingredients. This is definitely one of the most authentic pizzas I’ve had in the UK.

5.Wagamama

And last but not least: Wagamama is one of my all-time favourite places to eat in Guildford. Although being a large chain with restaurants all over the world, we still don’t have it in Germany! Wagamama serves Asian food inspired by the Japanese cuisine (wagamama is Japanese for spoiled child). It isn’t the most authentic of places to go to, however, the food is still amazing! Wagamama has a great selection of Curries, Ramen, Noodles and Omakase – definitely worth a try!

I hope this gave you some ideas of which restaurants you could try if you come to Guildford! Of course there are many more, this is just a small selection of my favourites.