Thanks to those who completed the survey we sent out to find out about any study space outside the Library you’d made use of on campus over the January exams. Your input and comments will help us plan for the coming exams in June.
- 42% of you used study space outside of the Library in January, in a wide variety of places – faculty spaces, lecture and teaching rooms and residences were amongst the most used.
- 41% said they’d been aware of additional study space being made available over the January exam period, with most hearing about it through SU and Library social media, friends or student news emails.
- Fewer of you, 24%, knew that there was some additional space provided inside the Library.
- Facilities or services that would most encourage you to use space outside the Library for study were ranked as follows:
1. Individual study space 2. silent study space 3. computers
4. group study space 5. loanable laptops 6. drinks vending
7. food vending 8. library staff to manage space 9. text alert service for noise 10. social areas
Your feedback will be used when planning arrangements for additional space in May. We’ll be making every effort to make sure this information reaches you!
In the meantime, if you have any comments or feedback about study space campus please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.