Jalan-Jalan Cari Makan (London ed.) Part ONE

Heyyyy everyone! Apa khabar? It’s currently the second week of the new year and I guess most of you have already written down your new year’s resolution and are really determined to work hard and fulfill them (it’s just the first few days of the word so keep the fire burning and don’t give up halfway through the year ๐Ÿ˜› ) As for myself, I’m a really flexible person which I welcome changes and challenges a lot as I can easily adapt to them, I didn’t put down an official new year resolution this year. However, I think I should still list down a few MUST-DOs for this year here to set a good example ๐Ÿ˜› and also just so that life is a bit more organised ๐Ÿ˜› . Okay so the list is as follow:

1. Spend more time with GOD.ย (I would never have survive till now without my dear heavenly Father’s guidance in my everyday life. He’s grace and mercy just follows me everywhere even though there’s time that I turned away from Him. Thank you Jesus for everything that happened in 2016 and I believe 2017 will be an even better one! Just couldn’t imagine life without God!)
  2. Spend more time with family. (as time flies, you won’t realize that you’re parents are growing older day by day too, so spend more time with them when you still have the chance!)
  3. Show kindness and love with all your heart! (There’s too many people in the world that is less fortunate than us and thus let’s show kindness and love to the people within our limits and make the world a more beautiful place!)
  4. Stay healthy and keep fit! ( okay I know this is abit difficult for me as I don’t exercise much but I enjoy eating food ๐Ÿ˜› I’ll try my best to eat healthier and maybe workout abit to slim down okay! at least I walked alot since I came to the UK ๐Ÿ˜› )
  5. Keep travelling and travelling! (well travelling is my passion as I get to see new things and new people, you don’t need to be rich to travel, just the willingness to adapt to different situation wherever you go, ie: eat cheaper, sleep in hostels/couchsurfing, not only it’s a cost saving method that allows you to travel cheaply but best thing about it is you get to meet people from all over the world and listen to their life stories, whereby most of the time you will be inspired!)
  6. Eat well and sleep well. (this was inspired by Hua Chen Yu (a Chinese singer who I’m recently deeply in love with as he is really amazingly talented!) whereby his motto is always eat well sleep well. In fact, its true as well cause being able to eat well and sleep well is actually a blessing when in fact there is so many people in this world that is in famine, homeless or maybe facing insomnia! So give thanks for being able to eat well and sleep well!
  7. Keep learning! (this is difficult as well but learning is the process of growing up and mature so yea, do keep learning and don’t be stagnant. There will always be something new for you to learn no matter in what field or what phase you’re in now)
  8. Never give up! (last but not least, the most important one is perseverance! There’s a common problem for us 90’s babies, or for me at least whereby we give up easily. We always try to find an easier alternative to get away with but getting away doesn’t help! You’ll never learn and grow if you don’t face the problem.

So in the end I managed to jot down 8 New Year’s resolution! Hopefully by this time next year I’ll be able to smile to myself and tick all those resolutions off the page! ๐Ÿ™‚

Okay, so let’s get back to the main topic for today, which is a start to my resolution no.6- eat well sleep well. For those who don’t understand Malay, the blog title “Jalan-Jalan Cari Makan” simply means walking and finding nice food! As I mentioned above, I really enjoy eating nice food. As Malaysia is a multicultural country, we have so many kinds of delicious meals and cuisines and even fusions soย makan apa (what to eat) is definitely one of the ultimateย question to ask in everyday life. Although I seldom eat out as I need to save money to fulfill my resolution no. 5 ๐Ÿ˜› , I still managed to try out some really nice restaurants and cafes which is a MUST TRY if you’re in London.

ASIAN / CHINESE CUISINE

1.ย Rasa Sayang–ย 5 Macclesfield St, London W1D 6AY (London Chinatown)

This Malaysian restaurant (so obvious by its name, literally means “feeling loved” which is a popular folk song in Malaysia) is my favourite among all as it serves really authentic Malaysian delicacies that satisfy my cravings everytime I’m homesick. The Mee Goreng (fried noodles) is definitely a must try! Oh by the way, it claims that it’s the only halal restaurant in Chinatown so its safe for all my Muslim friends too!

credits to: Rasa Sayang official website

mee goreng. looking at this makes me hungry again!

2. ASSA ์•„์‹ธ Korean Restaurant –ย 23 Romilly St, Soho, London W1D 5AQ (SOHO)

Assa definitely is the best Korean restaurant in town! It’s so good that I chose to have my birthday lunch there last year! The vibe of the restaurant is really good and you always see loads of Koreans dining in the restaurant (which proved that it’s really yummy and authentic!) The restaurant is full house most of the time and there’s always a queue outside. They have a lunch menu which is cheaper and their hotpots is a MUST TRY and really good for sharing! Highly recommend their rice with stir fried spicy squid and pork and kimchi stew hotpot!

credits to photographer695 on flickr.com

the stir fried squid with rice is on the left while the right side is the hot pot! yummylicious!

3. Dumpling Legend–ย 15-16 Gerrard Street, London, W1D 6JE (London)

This Chinese restaurant is introduced by Ecclesia Chang (the Singapore student ambassador which is also my best friend ๐Ÿ˜› ) and they definitely make the best Xiao Long Pao (Soup Dumpling) and Liu Sha Bao (Egg Yolk Custard Bun) in town! Tips: if you pay cash you’ll get a 15% discount (before 7pm only if not mistaken) !

credits to Dumplings’ Legend official website

credits to Ecclesia Chang ๐Ÿ˜›

4. Four Seasons Chinese Restaurant– 1st outlet: 12 Gerrard Street, London W1D 5PR ย  ย 2nd outlet: 23 Wardour Street, London W1D 6PW(Chinatown)

The Roasted Duck here is definitely one of the best in London! There is always queue in front of the shop although there are 2 outlets so you can see how popular it is.

credits to http://chinatown.co.uk

credits to http://chinatown.co.uk

Look at those ducks <3 credits to http://chinatown.co.uk

5. Good Friend Fried Chicken-ย 14 Little Newport St, London WC2H 7JJ (Chinatown)

I think this is the only restaurant in Chinatown that offers Taiwanese Fried Chicken Chop- like the Shihlin’s XXL fried chicken chop we have back in Malaysia so you know where to find it when you’re craving for the deep fried chicken! ๐Ÿ˜›

credits to http://chinatown.co.uk/

so happy when i get to eat my chicken choppppp ๐Ÿ˜›

Okay so this concludes my top recommendations for Asian / Chinese cuisine in the London Chinatown and Soho area. As I don’t wanna bored you all with a super lengthy post, I’ll keep part 2 of this post to the next whereby I’ll introduce some of my favourite picks of restaurants for western and other cuisines instead. So remember to stay tuned~ ๐Ÿ™‚

Once again, happy new year and have a great week ahead!

Love xx

Adeline