It’s time to pick up those pens, pencils and paintbrushes and help us add some life and soul to one of the underpasses that links our campuses and the community.
Guildford Borough Council will shortly be installing new lighting and CCTV to improve safety for students, staff and local residents using the smaller underpass just off the Stag Hill Campus (towards Manor Park and Tesco). As part of this project, we are giving students the chance to get creative and design artwork that will be painted on its walls next spring.
There are no rules or themes to work with – this is entirely up to you, but we would suggest following these pointers:
- Incorporate different aspects of University and Students’ Union life
- Make it bright, welcoming and enjoyable to look at
- Keep it clean and friendly – this is for our local community as much as it is for students and staff at the University
Entrants can either submit a full design (landscape) or a range of concepts that can be developed into a functional piece of artwork, which will be hand painted on the underpass walls.
All entries need to be submitted by 3:00pm on Monday 19 November, which can be done one of two ways:
- Digital drawings can be emailed to Gemma, VP Community, at email@example.com.
- Physical drawings can be taken to Gemma in person in the Students’ Union offices.
A panel will then select the winner who will be able to see their design come to life!
If you have any further questions about this competition or the project please email Gemma at firstname.lastname@example.org.