In 2006, the European Regulation on nutrition and health claims on foods (Nutrition and Health Claims Regulation (NHCR): European Commission No. 1924/2006) established, for the first time, a common framework for the regulation of such claims across the European Union (EU).
The opportunities for product innovation arising from this new legislation combined with protection of consumer interest in respect of controlling misleading advertising, while at the same time promoting public health, are noteworthy. But such opportunities needed to be evaluated against the burden on industry to undertake significant research activity into these claims and to present a scientific substantiation to satisfy the procedure for approval.
The EU-funded REDICLAIM project considered these issues in relation to ‘reduction of disease risk’ claims. As the project comes to an end, this webinar will present the project findings and give you the opportunity to ask questions of our expert speakers.
The session will include:
- An introduction to the REDICLAIM project
- Ensuring successful health claim applications
- Health claims as promoters of new innovative food products?
- The NHCR and issues with the regulatory framework
- Modelling to predict the health and economic impact of ‘reduction in disease risk claims’
How to Join our Webinar:
- Please register here for the REDICLAIM Webinar on Thursday the 6th of April 2017 at 2pm GMT/3pm CET
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
How to Join our mailing list
Please sign up here to receive email updates about the publication of the REDICLAIM project recommendations and further papers, reports and presentations.