A Taste of Switzerland !

Bonjour Everyone 🙂 I hope everyone is having an amazing Easter break or just having an amazing week. Today I’m going to be sharing with you guys a glimpse of the beauty of Switzerland that I was lucky enough to witness.

So, if you haven’t read my very first blog post, I have actually lived half of my life in Geneva, Switzerland. That’s in the French Speaking part of Switzerland btw and in Switzerland, there is also the Italian-Speaking part and the Swiss-German Speaking Part but I’m in the French one! (We don’t speak Swedish here!)

So this Easter break, I had some family visiting from Singapore so we decided to give them a full Swiss tour in three days. As you can imagine, putting together an itenary was not easy with so much to see and so little time! Eventually, We decided to take them to these places : Col De La Faucille, Gruyére, Interlaken and Grindelwald.

In Singapore, You guys got your 7 Elevens and Coffee Shops nearby but in Switzerland, We’ve got mountains nearby. haha. After living for more than 10 years here, We’ve learnt not to judge the bad weather because when it’s raining where we’re at, the only thing to do is to drive up the mountains because rain means snow when we’re up there. And Right on, We managed to get some sledging done and take my family snow-shoeing and skiing which was so much fun!

That’s My Sister Sledging down the slope ! 🙂

So much Snow !

The next few days, we planned to drive up to Gruyére and if you’re a cheese connaiseur, you’re probably familiar with the specialty Swiss Cheese: the Gruyére and we were at the home to where this cheese was made.

944975_10154112651454301_8277230379594679150_n

There was a Gruyére Cheese Factory there which sold cheese by the Blocks or Slice.. however much you preferred and we ended up having a wonderful lunch at the restaurant that had authentic Swiss Cheese Fondue.

So Cheese Fondue is typically served with boiled potatoes and bread, served together with pickled onions and pickles. And of course the star of the meal, a big pot of melty gooey Gruyére Cheese! Definitely a must try in Switzerland.

Next up was Interlaken and this was about 4 hours away from Geneva. Interlaked is where you can actually go up to the Jungfrau – the highest point in the whole of Europe. Imagine that ! We didn’t get a chance to go up there because the weather was not the best and it wasnt cheap as well, especially not worth it if the weather was not going to be amazing and all cloudy. The view from the ground was pretty amazing already. I can only dream of how amazing it could be from the top …

Screen Shot 2016-04-04 at 21.06.12

Interlaken and Jungfrau

So GrindleWald was a little further than Interlaken and that’s in the German-Speaking part of Switzerland, directly translating GrindleWald would mean… GrindleForest.  The view there was absolutely breathtaking. It felt like we were in Frozen where it was snow everywhere and just layers of fresh, white, fluffy snow on the peaks of the mountains and all around us.

Here are just some pics that definitely do not do as much justice to how mesmerizing the view was.

Screen Shot 2016-04-04 at 21.11.33Screen Shot 2016-04-04 at 21.11.45

Switzerland is definitely a place to visit… even where I live in the smaller city in Geneva.

Every place has it’s own beauty… it’s up to the eyes of the beholder to find it… (okay went really deep there… but you get my point 😉

12670357_10154083270219588_4539418494552481753_n

That’s Geneva, Switzerland!

Talk to you guys next time 😉

Ecclesia x