Student Life – Deck the Halls – Christmas is coming!

December has seen many student kitchens decorated in a Christmas theme, with lots of students entering a competition to find the best decorated kitchen, working as a team of housemates, in an environmentally friendly way (we link up with the Go Green Team in Estates and Facilities to run this – the Student Life team do love a bit of positive co-working!), it was a tough call, but the three winners (one each at Stag Hill, Manor Park and Hazel Farm) were treated to the ingredients for a Christmas lunch so they could cook together, hopefully helping them bond as a flat further, and congratulate them for being eco-friendly and thrifty in their festivity – as per the photo below (an entry sent in by one campus flat).

Mentors have also been continuing to visit their allocated students each week in their mentoring capacities, 11 weeks now since they first met the new students back in October – how fast these weeks have flown! After every shift mentors report back on the meetings with their mentees, quote of the month goes to this mentor at the Hazel Farm residences:

“I had some very long discussions with my mentees and all seemed very comfortable around me which makes me happy and one mentee said he would be happy to come to me if he has any problems, he was also a mentee who took my advice about speaking to a lecturer who was going too fast and the lecturer was very nice and offered support which also made me happy.”

Happy Christmas! Carol

Christmas-Competition-Entry_Page_1

Christmas-Comp