Words of Encouragement

It’s been really encouraging to learn how much students are choosing to take positive actions based on their Student Life Mentors recommendations, for example, taken from this week’s Mentor reports:

Karl had gone and got the meningitis shot after receiving the welfare card from Student Life Mentoring.”

“After speaking to X last week about issues regarding her course, I wanted to touch base and check this week. I found out that she followed my advice and has a SPLASH appointment booked for tomorrow to go over a couple of reports she has.”

This week one of our Mentors has also contacted us to say they’d found a really interesting short talk entitled ‘10 ways to have a better conversation’, which they felt was very beneficial to the role of a Mentor. I agree that it’s very helpful, and something that we will certainly consider using in next year’s Student Life Mentor training – and of course now I have watched it, some things I am going to be trying to do differently to be a better conversationalist!