Meet the Team – Sarah Hood

Meet Sarah Hood who looks after the regular giving programme at Surrey – which means asking alumni and supporters to give to the University philanthropically. On a day-to-day basis she is usually juggling lots of projects, which could include running telephone campaigns, creating materials for international events, and working on our website.

What made you want to work at the University of Surrey?

The first time I set foot on campus the University had such a warm feel, and I felt instantly at home here – an experience I imagine lots of students have too! Surrey has had such a meteoric rise over the past decade, and I wanted to be a part of that, as well as having the opportunity to take on a new role.

What do you enjoy the most about working at the University of Surrey?

We have a particularly close-knit team at Surrey, which makes working here a joy! I also really love talking to alumni about things I am passionate about, and which have an impact by helping our students and furthering Surrey’s research.

What are you currently working on?

This year I am focused on the Chancellor’s 50th Anniversary Appeal – a campaign to raise funds for students (in particular student hardship and scholarships) and research (animal cancer, dementia, clean water and cancer research, to name a few).

How would you describe your job in 3 words?

Fun, complex, and ever-changing!