SurreyLearn will be evolving in July. The updated SurreyLearn will have a fresh look and navigation, but how you use it will remain the same.
Do I need to do anything?
SurreyLearn will be unavailable between Monday 16 and Wednesday 18th July, so here’s how to prepare for this period:
- If you need to access module materials during this time, you can download them. Instructions are available here.
- You can download coursework submissions by following the instructions here.
- Access to media stored in Panopto will be unaffected, but we recommend saving links to recordings.
How will things improve?
July marks the start of a continuous improvements process to SurreyLearn in response to student and staff feedback. Here’s what you can expect in the first wave:
Enhanced for mobile
The new design will work on any device.
- an improved navigation to key links and content
- a course setup menu which will make it easier for you to prepare for semester start
- a common toolbar, which will make it easier for everyone to find SurreyLearn tools (e.g. tests, discussions).
- Search – this new keyword search will search the folder, item titles and HTML content of your module
- Module convenor widget – this will have a refreshed design and you will also be able to upload your social media links
- Improved Turnitin/Feedback Studio navigation within assignment dropboxes
The new design is fully compliant with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0.