Vet student, Jenessa Kurawski, tells us why she is keen to speak with prospective students about her Surrey experience to date

I have been studying at the University of Surrey for nearly 3 years now and have thoroughly enjoyed my time so far.  I like to work on open days so that I can share my story with other potential students.

My story here at Surrey has been far from standard.  With retaking my first year, being diagnosed with additional learning needs and struggling with anxiety, I have had a lot going on but, with the support provided here, I was able to push through. This means that I can share my own experience and knowledge of Surrey’s additional learning support, medical and wellbeing services as well as some of the more academic parts such as exams and retakes, the veterinary degree and placements with potential new students.

I have so much passion for veterinary medicine and I love helping others to understand the course more and fulfil their own passion with the potential chance to study here.

“I’m proud to be a surrey vet and am always so grateful for the chance to share that with others.”

Meeting students on open days and seeing them back for applicant days really rewards student helpers working these days. Doing tours and showing off our amazing facilities makes me feel so proud of what Surrey Vet School has achieved.

I’m proud to be a surrey vet and am always so grateful for the chance to share that with others.