One week left!

FREEDOM!!!

I have finished finals 🙂 First year is officially over (for me at least, finals properly end on Friday). It does not feel like summer. I suppose it is because I am not at home and still have plenty to do before I fly home for the last time this year. I used to get really homesick at the beginning of the year, but England is starting to feel much more like home. I still laugh at accents and get laughed at for mine, but it is all banter 😉 Move out day is officially Monday, but I know a lot of people who left last week even because they had finished their finals early. I do not leave until the Tuesday, so I am staying with family until I leave. I am lucky enough to have family that can help me, but there is also a Holiday Inn right by the sports park that you could stay at as well.

635687145217335358_Afterlight_Edit

(Evening river shot in Guildford)

The final events have been set up and there are three days of Rubix nights. Rubix is the club on campus. It has two floors, three different bars, booths, and a decent dance floor with a stage. Surrey Stage Crew, one of the societies, helps run the nights and gets good hands on experience every week. The Union have made a big line up for the Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights that is making the students very excited. Tickets sold out in less than 10 minutes. If you do not want to go to Rubix, there is also Casino (not an actual casino, but a club), PopWorld, and Thirteen. There are lots of options.

WP_20150617_003Rubix0

(Setting Rubix up for tomorrow and pictures from other nights)

Today is my last day in London though! I have managed to go a couple times this year, but I easily could have gone more often. I have been invited by Ubisoft to play Assassins Creed Syndicate, that is to be released later, early 🙂 The added value is the game is based in London, and I get to play in London. After we are going to go to the Olympic Park, which is free, go see the Shakespeare Globe theatre, and walk around Hyde Park. There are actually a decent amount of free things to do in London. You just have to look it up. Essentially all the museums in London are free too which might sound boring, but there are so many cool museums that you can easily spend hours in.

635680045878080003_Afterlight_Edit635680047234934622_Afterlight_Edit

(Pictures from my last trip down. Natural history museum and the River Thames with the Parliament building and Big Ben)

Off to London now!

Holly