Week 1

HELLO!

Week 1 is almost over and it feels a bit weird to be back in the classroom. So far I am really liking all my teachers and the topics seem pretty interesting. My schedule is pretty decent as well. I have late starts on Thursday which is great for going out to Citrus, Rubix is called Citrus on Wednesdays, and I have Fridays off!!!

I have been so busy since I have been back in school though. I have had dance every single day this past week and will next week as well because tryouts are everyday. I have not been home before 9 and I am starting to get the tiredness of school back.

12064422_10207925315869398_361678410_n

In good news, I did pass my driving test 🙂 Officially a double licensed driver who is ready to take the English streets by storm! I bought my first car and I should be picking it up on Saturday. It is a little red Mini Cooper; Thought I would go for a classic 😉

WP_20150927_001

My dad and my sister are coming to visit me the next couple of weekends. We have a few mini road trips planned. This weekend we are going to a place called Longleat, that has rescued animals in a safari park and after we should be going to see the famous Stonehenge. The weekend after we are going to see the White Cliffs of Dover and check out some of the cities that are around that coast. Ill be sure to take some photos!

6tag_081015-185630

For those who might miss the American party scene, this week alone has three American events happening. Last night was the All American Bar Crawl. It is hosted by all the American sports teams at Surrey, including cheerleading, American football, lacrosse, and dodgeball. It was such great fun. We went to 5 different places and all the entrance fees were included in the price of the official t-shirt for the bar crawl which was only £5! It was so nice to see everyone again and I met so many new people. I highly suggest doing a bar crawl if you come to university at Surrey. Tonight at a club called Casino there is an American DJ playing which a lot of people are going to see. On Friday, there is a “frat” party that is being held in Rubix. One of the actors from American Pie hosts parties and is here to show the English how the Americans party. I have bought my ticket, but I am very interested to see how they try to turn a club into a frat party. I shall report back. Accurate or not, should be a fantastic night. These kind of events are held often at Surrey and are very good fun. I attached the link to two of the events so you can get a look at what the nights at Surrey are like!

All American Bar Crawl: https://www.facebook.com/events/734556073336881/748251505300671/

Rubix: https://www.facebook.com/events/1663148253922703/

635799165271236289

It feels really good to be back in England. I hope you come here and get to go through the same experiences as me. I must be getting going now. It is almost 11pm and I haven’t had dinner yet!

BYE 🙂

Holly