The International Conference on Cryptology and Network Security

By Veronika Kuchta

The International Conference on Cryptology and Network Security (CANS) is a recognized annual conference, focusing on all aspects of cryptology and network security, attracting cutting-edge results from world-renowned scientists in the area. In November 2013 it was held in Paraty, Brazil. I attended the conference to present my work. It was a great organized 3-day-event which provided excellent opportunity to exchange scientific ideas and get inspirations for future work.

There were around 60 researchers from all around the world, such as those from USA, Australia, Japan, France, Brazil and many other countries. The technical program included 18 talks by international researchers and 4 keynote speakers from  Intel Corporation, University of California, École Normale Supérieure and The City College of New York.

It was a fantastic experience for me, because the conference venue was in a historical village, located on the Brazilian coast where you can find many attractive spots for recreation after the very interesting conference program.

Overall, attending the 12th International Conference on Cryptology and Network Security was very beneficial for my further research and networking with other researchers gave some new ideas which might be useful for my work.

1

3

4

5

7

8

2