Welcome to Surrey meets Portugal!

Hi everyone!
My name is David, and I’m a first year BSc Politics and Economics student here at the University of Surrey. You might have guessed by the title of this blog, but if that has escaped you, I’m from Portugal – more specifically from the city of Porto, in the North of the country.

From now on, I will be routinely posting about my student life here at the University, as well as a bit of how it is to live in student accommodation (just a head’s up Guildford is an amazing place to live), and how I’ve managed to adapt and adjust to living in a different country. Speaking of which, yes moving to a new country can be scary. The fact that there is no family and none of your best mates close by can be daunting, but not to worry – there’s a lot you can do to make the transition easier, and I will be covering those in the coming weeks.

I will also be going over the application process and how that experience went for me. Hopefully my inside expertise of the application system will be helpful over the coming months.

In short, if you (hopefully) do end up studying at Surrey, this blog will make you more than prepared and ready to enjoy the most of what the University has to offer you. As we like to say around here: Wonderful things happen here!

That is it from me this week. If you have any questions or comments, or if there is something specifically you would like me to cover on the blog feel free to drop a comment or email study@surrey.ac.uk in either English or Portuguese. I will be more than happy to reply.

Till next time,

David