My Friends Abroad

Hello!

At this point all that’s left of my second year is three finals. I am trying to keep my head in the books and study lots, but my mind consistently wanders to life after finals.

As you may be well aware, I am going on my placement next year in London. This special time coincides with the year most American college student go on a study abroad which is so perfect! Next year I won’t have any homework and I will be able to take up to 25 days’ holiday whenever I want. This means when my friends come to Europe I will have time to go see them or have them come see me and actually enjoy a stress free visit.

I have quite a few friends coming to Europe this year and when they do you can bet I will be going to see them.

–          My first friend is in Copenhagen for 6 weeks and will be coming to London for a few days with his family after, so we will be meeting up one day.

73295-640x360-london-skyline-ns

–          Then one of my best friends will be going to Rome for a month in July and she will be coming to England for five days. I am going to show her more than just London because as I have written before, England is more than just London. I want to take her to Brighton for the day, then a night out in the infamous Essex, and then of course we will spend two days exploring London. She is also going to go to Paris for one of the days I have to work…she will have to suffer through that 😉

brighton

–          After another one of my best friends will be studying in Florence for a semester. I haven’t been to Florence and she is going longer than my other friend, so I will be going down to see her and also visit Cinque Terre. We have already planned to go to Oktoberfest together in Munich,Germany and she will be coming up to visit me once I move to London in November for Thanksgiving! I want to take her to high tea at the Shard for a non-traditional Thanksgiving meal. It will be nice to spend Thanksgiving with another American.

munich-100374111-primary.idgecinque-terre-281 Florence-view

–          Finally, another friend of mine is going to Copenhagen for a semester, so obviously I have to go visit her. I have never been to Denmark before, so having my own personal tour guide should be amazing. I went to Norway this summer and I loved it. I really appreciate the history and culture of the Scandinavian countries and would like to see the differences between them.

Cities_Copenhagen_034450_

Those are just my American friends study abroad programs that I will be taking advantage of. I also have two of my best English friends going to work abroad in Madrid for the year, so I will be going down to see them with some of my other friends next year. One of them has their birthday in March, like me, so we were thinking of going down to Madrid for our birthdays. Madrid is certainly an awesome place to spend a 21st birthday!

001mad-madrid-alcala-esquina-a-gran-via-2800029a

Needless to say, I can’t wait to see my friends and show them where I have been spending my university years. I won’t be going home as much next year (about every 8 months), so their study abroad programs have aligned very well with what I am doing. I would have never of dreamed of going to four amazing European countries with my best friends and getting to explore halfway around the world from our home. All of these places are within a couple hours on a plane and I will be able to stay with my friends for most of them. It is going to be a great experience. The adventures have only just begun.

However, as this blog comes to a close, I am reminded of the fact that I still have three finals left. 18 more days and these adventures start to become more of a reality!

Ta ta for now,

Holly