The Assistive Technology Centre (ATC) on level 4 has been extended and improved over the summer to create a lighter, brighter working environment for students, with many more computers too.
The ATC is for the use of students receiving additional learning support only, as the specialist software on the computers includes:
- Texthelp Read and Write – reads texts on the computer aloud, helps particularly with proofreading
- Inspiration/Mindgenius – mind-mapping programmes to help organise information in a visual way
- Dragon Naturally Speaking – will turn speech into text
- SPSS – used for statistical analysis
- JAWS – for those with visual impairment, reads text aloud and enables easy navigation around documents
- Braille Embosser – turns text into Braille.
- DAISY – for those with visual impairment, reads text aloud and enables easy navigation around documents. It also has a recording facility.
- GINGER – checks spelling and grammar
- MATLAB – for solving technical computing problems (algorithm development, data analysis and numerical computation)
There are also lockers in the ATC which can be used by students who have mobility difficulties.
Please contact email@example.com if you require any further information.