As we approach Winter Vacation, here’s a helpful reminder of the top things you need to know so that you can take the Library with you, wherever you’ll be for the holidays!
- Chat to us! Library staff are on hand to help support you throughout the vacation period. Head to Library webpage and use the Live Chat function to speak to a member of staff. Over the Christmas closure days (24 December – 3 January), Chat won’t be available but for any urgent enquiries during this period email email@example.com .
- We have a wealth of resources available online. Head to library.surrey.ac.uk to browse our collections, or access material directly from your SurreyLearn module reading list and BibliU bookshelf, 24/7.
- Install the LibKey Nomad web browser extension for free as a University of Surrey student. LibKey Nomad will link you directly to articles subscribed to by the Library and open access alternatives as you research on the Internet.
- Need Academic Skills or Maths and Statistics support over the vacation? Head to your dedicated my Learning Development module for 24/7 access to a suite of online study-supportive materials, including videos, tutorials and guidelines. You can also check out other useful resources to help you with your studies here.
- Click and Collect / Click and Post services will be running as usual outside of the closure period. For more information, take a look at our Borrowing pages.
- Find more information about our services on our Library FAQs page, and don’t forget to follow us on social media for updates @surreylib.
We know that many of you will be remaining on campus over the holidays, and the Library will be open 24 hours every day for you.
Wherever you’ll be for Winter Vacation, stay safe, look after yourselves and take the Library with you!