JAMINA JOY December Update

(You can check out my November vlog update here).

Hello, Jamina here! 🙂 As you may know, I’m starting a sustainable slow fashion brand, JAMINA JOY, with help from the funded PTY Enterprise Pathway by Student Enterprise. I get to work on my business for a year instead of doing a traditional placement! Each month I’ll be posting a vlog or blog to share my updates.

What was I up to in December?

This month I have reflected on my business idea. After speaking with different manufacturers, I have come to the realisation that this process is more expensive than I thought. The production of the collection is the most important part of this process, and it’s something that I do not want to cut back on. After discussing with my fashion mentor and other manufacturers, I concluded that my collection would have to be luxury fashion. This is because sustainable fabrics and UK production are very expensive. It’s important for me to create investment pieces that advocate for slow fashion. With this in mind, the garments will be priced at what they’re worth.

Fortunately, this month I was able to take some time off and spend time with my family. I believe it’s good to take a break from the business and reset myself. It’s very easy to bite off more than you can chew when starting a business, especially if it’s something that you are passionate about. Now that we are in the new year (🎉), I am going to take my time and not rush the process.

My next steps:

To finally embark on the manufacturing process for the collection.

Thanks for reading!

Thanks so much for reading. Check out the socials: linktr.ee/Jaminajoy