Day Trip to Godalming

When I got my Stagecoach bus pass set up, I noticed that my bus pass indicated travel to Godalming as well as within Guildford. I was curious about Godalming and so recently I took a bus to Friary and from there, took another bus to Godalming city center which took around 30 minutes from the Friary.

I first made my way to Phillips Memorial Park in Godalming which despite the chilly winter afternoon was refreshing and calm. The park was named after John George (Jack) Phillips, who was from Godalming and was the Chief Wireless Telegraphist on the RMS Titanic. 

I then made my way to explore the city center and was immediately enchanted . I had recently been watching the series Gilmore Girls, and the city really reminded me of Stars Hollow from the show with it”s charming small town vibes, especially the gazebo smack dab in the city center. 

Gazebo, Godalming

I had fun going into quirky little antique shops, and walking along the high street. For lunch, I went to Brittens ( I love a tiny coffee shop moment) and had a really nice eggs benedict and honestly the BEST coffee that I’ve had in the whole UK so far. 

From there, I went and had a browse about Yard Market, which offered eco-conscious shoppers fantastic waste-free options. I love that basically any town I visit in the UK has these minimal waste options for locals. Check out Zero Carbon and Solar Sisters for some of my favorite eco-conscious shopping options in Guildford. 

Yard Market, Godalming

All in all, I had a really pleasant low-key day out in Godalming. If you feel like you want a change in scenery, but don’t want to spend too much money or time on traveling, Godalming is a fantastic option!

Cheers,

Inash