Here comes the second semester!

在進入主題之前,我知道前幾天花蓮才發生了很嚴重的地震,我想先為傷亡者祈禱也希望所有在看著這篇文章的人都平安無事🙏  身為留學生最大的遺憾應該就是當有事情發生的時候,我們沒有辦法陪在家人的身旁吧!不過相信大家的心還是一直在家人朋友們的身上的,因此適時的聯絡關心家人們其實是很重要的~ 天佑台灣🇹🇼

Before going into the topic, I knew there was a serious earthquake happened in Taiwan just a few days ago, I would like to pray for Taiwan and wish everyone are all safe at the moment🙏  It is always a shame for most of the international students that they are not around with our family when there are some incidents happened, but we are all care worried about our families all the time. Therefore, regular contacts between the families are always matter and sometimes it could really warm each other up😊

所以第二學期正式開始了!好難相信我的大一就這麼過了一半了,每一件事都過得好快又好突然。除了我的reading week假期😂  因為我完全沒安排任何活動所以整個超級無聊,下次一定要多少排幾個活動出去呼吸一下新鮮空氣!我放假做過唯一一件有意義的事情應該就是上健身房吧🏃‍♀️ 我已經從去年暑假說到現在,終於去了!就來看看我可以維持多久吧,不過我是不會浪費我的錢的~ 說到新學期,我一開始看到課表的石吼只想要撞牆,看起來有夠滿。不過過完了第一個禮拜其實發現也還好,可能是我已經習慣了我的殺人行程,看看我朋友一個禮拜只有兩天的課哈哈。喔不過禮拜一真的完全不行,一天7小時真的只想吐血…

So, semester 2 is officially started! It is so hard to believe it has been half of my first year in university, everything just went so fast and so sudden. Apart from my reading week holiday😂  It was absolutely long and boring since I didn’t arrange any events, hmm… should have done it next time. I would say the only productive thing I have done is start going into the gym🏃‍♀️ I have said it since last summer and I’m finally doing it! Let’s see how long I can keep up with this, I ain’t gonna waste my money just to let you know😉  At first I saw my timetable for my second semester I just wanna die, it looks so full omg. But after finishing my first week it was actually alright🤔  Probably I am just used to my intense schedule compares to my friend who only has two days of lecture haha. Oh, but apart from my Monday, it is actually a killer, 7 hours a day absolutely hate it, not gonna lie…

除了課表有變,我也開始上新的科目了。新的事情總是令人感到興奮和充滿挑戰性,不過相信有了第一學期的經驗,一切都不會太困難的~第一學期和第二學期最大的差異點應該就是這學期有更多實作的課程和報告了,像是我們有專業的攝影器材訓練課程,整個過程都蠻好玩的也讓我有種更向這個產業邁進一步的感覺。另一個讓我一直都很喜歡我的科系的原因可以說是教授們的經驗談,光聽著他們分享他們之前在片場都做了什麼事,還有發生的一切,都開啟了我對未來的無限想像。

Apart from the time table, there are some new modules has introduced in my course. New things are always exciting and challenging at the same time, but after the experience I have been through the first semester, everything will be alright! The most difference between first and second semester is there are more practical involved in this semester, such as having a professional health and safety training on filming equipment which is really cool and really made me feel I am one more step closer to the real industry. The other thing I love about my lecture is to hear the experience from the lecturers, by just listening to their experience, it really gives out an open vision for me and let me hold a further dream in the future as well.

在放假期間我還有去幫忙了Stag TV最新的project ‘Surrey Strictly Come Dancing’ 我之前沒有在電視上看過這個節目,不過這個節目大概就是邀請名人從零開始學國標舞然後參加比賽。這是我第一次做實境秀的拍攝,雖然要focus的點不太一樣不過還蠻好上手的。這個節目應該會在四月左右完成,我還蠻期待未來的拍攝跟最後的成果的!

The other thing I have done during the reading week is to help out with Stag TV with their new project, which is the ‘Surrey Strictly Come Dancing’. I have never seen the original program on the British TV before, but it is basically a reality show about how people learn and go to a Latin/ Ball dance competition in the end. This is my first time of filming the genre of reality TV show, different things need to be focused but it was not that hard to get familiar to it. The program is going to be launched during April and I am really looking forward to the future works and results of this project!

這禮拜只是一些簡短的學期初介紹不過我相信接下來還會有更多好玩的事情發空也不要忘記上來看看我分享的故事喔~

This is just a brief introduction for my first week of second semester and I think there will be much more things coming up in the future, so please stay tune to my blog and I will bring more stories to you guys!

Mandy xx