Live on Campus or at Home? Part 2

Welcome to part two of: Living on Campus or at Home? Today I’m going to enlighten you about the great things of living at home! I, myself, live at home, so I’ve put a few of my top points in this blog. So, here it goes!

Why live at home?

• Some people, me for instance, like living at home because it’s more comfortable for them. I like to be able to lounge around in my pyjamas every now and again, and I don’t think that would go down very well with some flat mates. Unless they have a pyjama day with you… In that case, you’ve found my ideal flat mates! Hold onto them!
  • Some people may feel they are too old to live on campus, they may feel they wouldn’t fit in with the younger crowd living on campus, as most people who live on campus are in their first year just having graduated from high school. Older students may also feel they are too old to join in the University’s clubs and sports.
  • You might also want to stay at home because it won’t cost you rent or its cheaper. It may even be cheaper to travel into University everyday than living on campus.
  • Living at home may also help get that work and life separation. I like to be able to leave University and know I’m going home to a stress free environment. I’m able to get into two different mind sets, one for work and one for relaxation. It’s important to be able to escape a stressful environment every now and again.
  • Another reason for living at home is because its always wonderful to be able to spend time with your family after a long tiring day at University. I have the worst FOMO ever, if I were to live on campus I would be phoning home every 5 minutes to find out what was happening at home.

Well, I hope this helps you in making your decision on whether to stay at home or live on campus! Whatever decision you make, make sure its the best one for YOU!

See you here same time next week!