Completing my placement!

Hi everyone!

This week, England moved to Step 4 of the ‘Roadmap out of Lockdown’. The government has lifted all legal limits on social contact. This step has been a long time coming, despite this, it is important we all remember that COVID-19 is still a part of our lives so we must be cautious while managing the risks, as cases of Covid-19 remain high. At the University of Surrey, the restrictions remain in place, especially whilst risk assessments are carried out.

In other news, I finally completed my placement year! I think we can all agree that this past year has been challenging, different and interesting in its own ways. For me, it has also been an amazing learning experience and I am thankful for the skills that I acquired. I left the company with a wealth of knowledge I will always treasure. I learned how to be open-minded and value other people’s opinions and consider their ideas and mine to end up with a desirable result. In doing so, my passion for pursuing a career within the finance field increased tremendously; so, did my drive to push through challenges to achieve results collaboratively. I discovered that my ideal place of work is in an environment surrounded by a team I can connect with and interact with easily and respectfully.

The placement experience is a valuable one and it is really encouraged at the University of Surrey. The Employability and Careers team at the University of Surrey has won the National University Employability Award (NUE) for the Best University Placement Service (Over 750 Placements) for the third year running. In the last academic year the University of Surrey’s pioneering Professional Training placements allowed over 1,200 students to spend a year working in industry and other organisations to develop their professional, academic and personal potential. The University places particular emphasis on these placement years as a means of increasing employability, enabling students to be more adaptable, resilient, globally-minded, confident, entrepreneurial, and digitally savvy in the workplace and this, I can attest to. Being challenged by interesting tasks in the workplace sharpened my approach to developing insightful analysis, problem-solving and critical thinking which are all essential in my ideal career.

Here are some pictures I took on my last day:

Hoping and praying that everyone remains safe during this time.

That is all for now folks,

Best,

Anne