Whether you have never AcWriMo-ed, or you are a seasoned AcWriMo enthusiast, here is a reminder of the different ways in which you can get involved.
- Decide on a writing goal. An example of a goal could be an hour of a day of writing or perhaps 1000 words a week; it could be to finish a chapter by the 15th of November or a paper by the 30th.
- To pledge your goal, post it on the Surrey AcWriMo wall
- Plan your month. Take a look at this year’s AcWriMo programme and sign up for any events you are interested in
- Follow the Doctoral College blog throughout November for writing-related blog posts
- Follow AcWriMo on Twitter for daily updates and hot writing tips: #surreyacwrimo
- Come to our virtual writing retreats and in-person writing cafes where you can work on your project in the company of others (register here)
- Write a poem about your research and enter our Poetry competition
- And, most importantly, book time in your diary to write. You can use an ‘out of office’ reply to let everyone know you are writing.
If you have any questions about AcWriMo, please email Nadya Yakovchuk at firstname.lastname@example.org
Happy writing 😊!