Congratulations to all the researchers who participated in our first joint networking event with the Surrey Research Park (SRP), with over 80 attendees. There was real buzz with representatives from a range of organisations from the SRP and researchers sharing ideas, insights and building new connections.
We were fortunate to be joined by Professor Lorenzo Fioramonti, Founding Director of the University of Surrey’s Institute for Sustainability, who spoke about, Promoting Sustainable Wellbeing Through Research and Action.
In addition to Lorenzo’s engaging talk, there were 24 Posters on display covering the broad themes of:
- Animal / Human Healthcare
- AI / Digital and Tech
- Energy and Sustainability
- Business and Finance
Well done to the 5 Poster Winners, each receiving £100. Thank you to Surrey Research Park for kindly sponsoring the prizes. The winners were:
- Lisa Cafora, Surrey Business School – Hybrid Working and Employee Wellbeing: An exploration of how the hybrid working policies of an organization can positively and negatively determine their employee’s wellbeing and how the leadership style the organization adopts can impact this relationship
- Hannah Case, School of Chemistry & Chemical Engineering – Impacts of Nanoplastics on Horticultural Crops
- Nick Day, School of Veterinary Medicine – The Role of CaMKII in Cartilage Homeostasis and Lipid Metabolism
- Parham Mostofizadeh, School of Mechanical Engineering Sciences – Reconfigurable Lattice Structures
- Marie-Claire O’Kane, School of Psychology – Is there an association between Executive Function and thriving at work?
Following positive feedback from researchers on the evening, we hope to run similar events in the future.