Exploring UK – Oxford

Being the hometown of one of the world’s oldest universities, Oxford has always been known to me as a historical, knowledgeable, calming city. It is always on my to-visit place ever since I started studying in the U.K. This year, I am lucky enough to have a short stay in Oxford whilst on placement. And I am excited to share some of the nice places I have been to during the weekends.

Ashmolean Museum

On a rainy day, it is nice to spend an afternoon indoors. The Ashmolean is a museum of art and archaeology founded 300 years ago. Over 1500 oil paintings can be found in the museum’s collection. It continues to grow through gifts, bequests, and purchases. I am never an artistic person, but I enjoy visiting museums, appreciating how fascinating artists in the past created paintings like this. And most importantly, it is FREE!

Picnic!

It was such lovely weather on the day I went on a picnic. We went to South Park, which is a park on Headington Hill. It has a truly fascinating view overlooking Oxford. You could just spend an afternoon chatting, eating, reading, napping under the sun. It is always a nice idea to enjoy the sunbath in a huge open space. Other to-go places are Fawley Meadows, Port Meadow, Christ Church Meadow etc.

So colourful:)

Cycling around Oxford

Oxford is also known as a cycling city. It has a wonderful cycle network, in which you could easily rent a bike and cycle around the city for site-seeing. Electric scooters are also available for rental. But just be aware of safety and remember to wear a helmet when you cycle.

The sunset and sky!!!

Ramen Kulture

This is probably one of the best ramens I had in England! It is located on St Giles. They serve mainly ramen and rice dishes. There is other small plates, desserts, and drinks available. But I have only tried Tonkotsu Ramen that day, and it was so lovely! And the whole environment is nicely decorated, which makes me feel like in eating in a small ramen shop in Japan. If you are a ramen lover, you must go and check it out!

So tasty :p

I am sure there are much more places for me to discover. Whist I am staying here, I will continue to explore nice places to visit in Oxford. Who knows, there might be a part 2 of this blog xd