The way you request a library item that is out on loan has changed a little with the launch of SurreySearch. All outstanding requests have been cancelled from our old system, so if you have books or items that you still need please request them again through SurreySearch:
- Sign into SurreySearch using your IT username and password (top right of screen)
- Search for an item
- You can only request an item if all copies are out on loan
You can see if an item is out on loan in the brief record, as it will say ‘checked out from main library.’
- Click on the ‘check availability’ tab
- Next to request options, click on the link
- Use ‘My Account’ to cancel any requests you no longer need
- Check your email regularly, or check ‘My Account’ to see when your requested item becomes available.
- Collect your item from Level 1 of the Library and Learning Centre and issue it to your account.
If you need any more information about using SurreySearch (including how to request an item), please take a look at our handy tutorial guides.
If you have any questions about the new system, please come and speak to a member of library staff, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
We’d love to know your thoughts about these improvements. To give your feedback, please get in touch and let us know: email@example.com