Library and Learning Services, in partnership with the Students’ Union, will be running a student book giveaway each week throughout Black History Month 2021 to celebrate award-winning black authors and their stories.
Members of the Afro-Caribbean Society at Surrey have chosen four book titles that they would like to encourage others to read, and we will be giving away five copies of each title every week during October. The aim of our giveaway is to celebrate these authors, whilst promoting equality, inspiring and encouraging wider reading, and opening people up to new ways of thinking.
Want to enter? All you need to do is:
- Follow @surreylib on Instagram
- ‘Like’ our giveaway post
- Tag one other Surrey student in the comments
Winners will be selected at random after the closing date, but if you don’t win, don’t worry! All four titles offered as part of our student book giveaway are also available to borrow from the Library as part of our new SurreyReads collection!
Eligibility and other terms and conditions:
- You must be a University of Surrey student to enter.
- One entry per tag.
- Winners will be chosen at random.
- If you win, we’ll be in touch to ask you to confirm your details (including URN) – this is to verify you are a student and also to arrange for you to collect your winning book.
- We will contact the winners within a week of the closing date; if we don’t receive a reply, then another winner will be chosen at random.
- We’ll also be in contact with the winners later on in the semester to find out how you are getting on with the book, and whether you’d like to send us a book review.
- Once you have finished with the book, all we ask is that you share the love and pass it onto someone else, so they can enjoy and learn from it too!