Welcome back to all our returning students!
We know the last year has been a strange and disrupted one for you all, and many of you won’t have been into the Library for quite some time. Firstly, don’t forget that we’re here to help! We’re assuming no prior knowledge about how to use the Library, so please come and ask us LOTS of questions!
If you have been in to use the Library over the past year, here’s some of the things that have changed:
- You don’t have to book a seat in advance! The majority of our spaces are now available on a first-come, first-serve basis (with the exception of our group study rooms and our dual monitors on Level 5). If you wish to book these spaces, you must download the Juno StudyTime app.
- If you’re using the Library, you can take books out yourself and issue them using the self-issue machines on level 1. For those of you not based on campus, you may find our Click and Collect or Click and Post services helpful.
- The building will feel slightly busier as we have increased occupancy in the building (although it will still feel cold as we head towards the winter months, as we’ve got to keep windows open to ensure optimal ventilation in the space).
- Group Study Rooms are now available for collaborative study, and can be booked for up to 2 hours a day via the Juno StudyTime app.
- Laptops are now available to borrow from our lockers on Level 1. All you need is your campus card, and you’re good to go!
We do still have some COVID safety measures in place as a result of our recent risk assessment, so take a look at what you need to know before your visit – and please chat to us if you have any questions: library.surrey.ac.uk