Free Fest 2018

Hello!

Since the last time I blogged, the weather turned warmer and people started dressing for summer.

The Student Union held an amazing event over one of the weekends, called Free Fest.

It is, as the name suggests, free to join.

Saturday was one of the warmest and brightest days ever, and it was the Music & Arts day of Free Fest. Image may contain: one or more people, people playing sport, sky, tree, grass, outdoor and nature

This is a picture from the UoS Student Union’s Facebook page. It is from earlier in the day but by the time I went at around 3pm, it was packed. There were local bands and artists performing, food trucks surrounding the park and the Student Union bar along with the famous Beetle Juice cocktail bar. My friends and I decided to have a picnic instead and I enjoyed it so much! Drinks, tasty food, live music and great company. This was the British summer that I had always dreamed of! There were also bouncy castles that I did not get to play on.   T _ T

Sunday was the Outdoor Cinema event. Image may contain: one or more people, people on stage, crowd and outdoor

Unfortunately, I missed this but it looks like a very good time. The Student Union are also having themed Outdoor Cinema events over the month of June for students to relax during the stressful exam period.

Overall, I am very glad that there are events like this on campus for us to enjoy summer. I do recommend everyone to join as they have this annually!

That’s it from me this week, bye!