Visitors

Finally my dad and his girlfriend are coming to visit me at Surrey and see everything exciting that is going on here. It’s difficult as an international student, not being able to see your friends and family from home but it definitely makes it all the more exciting when you do get a visitor. It is easy to feel like you are missing out on things back home, especially when the North American schools are already off for summer break but the UK schools won’t break up for another month. Luckily with Skype, What’s App and Facetime it is easier to stay in touch but nothing compares to having someone come in person. I’ll get to spend all of Friday and the weekend with them, splitting the time between Guildford and London! The town, my residence and the vet school will be on the top of the list to show them but they will also get to meet all my friends. Since a bunch of them are coming to Canada in the summer to visit me it will be a great opportunity to introduce them before they come stay with us. In London, we are going to go out for some delicious meals (something definitely missed out on when your parents can’t come visit you often), walk around a lot and of course do a ton of revision while I’m there. I think when you’re far away from home it’s important to take advantage of the opportunities to people the close to you and really live in the present.