My First 3 Months as a Marketer for LT Harper

Hey, guys! My name is Laura, I’m an English Literature with Creative Writing student currently on placement as a Digital and Social Marketer for LT Harper, Cybersecurity Recruitment. 3 months later, I thought I’d share a bit about how fantastic my placement has been for me so far, for those of you who are unsure of whether to do one.

My Work So Far:

Given that I’m an English Literature student, I had no prior, substantial experience of marketing. When I took the job, my team informed me that I was the first in this role and that for this reason, the job spec was likely to evolve over time.

It was up to me to try things out and see what worked, with support from my team. As scary as this may sound (and believe me, I was terrified!), I see now that this is by far the best way to learn. In the last 3 months, I’ve dabbled in multiple areas that I otherwise may not have.

Just some of the things I’ve been doing so far include:

• Creating graphics for our social media pages
  • Writing blog posts
  • Creating informative interview packs for our candidates
  • Planning, implementing, and tracking marketing campaigns
  • Planning and organising PR events
  • Creating video marketing content
  • Analysing and tracking social media analytics
  • Email marketing

And many more!

How Does It Feel?

It feels absolutely incredible. I think the ‘working life’ just suits some people and it seems that I’m one of them. I’ve never felt more independent and confident than I have in these last few months.

It also feels amazing to succeed. In such a short space of time, my team have told me that my work has made a genuine impact. I think that’s one of the best things about working for a smaller company; you feel that your work truly makes a difference and you can actually see the results. Job satisfaction is truly the best feeling!

Being Part of a Team:

It’s also amazing to be part of such an incredible team. There’s 9 of us and we all get on amazingly. I started my placement remotely and the vast majority of it so far has been virtual. Before I started, I was nervous about building relationships—how would I get to know people through a screen? However, everyone proved me wrong.

On my first day, they went out of their way to call me and say hello, firmly assuring me that if I needed anything at all, they would help me out. And they’ve stayed true to their word!

A few weeks ago, we even had our AGM at a gorgeous hotel in Surrey. After a productive and exciting day of work, we had a crazy night of wine, cartwheels and backflips to bond over, which was fantastic!

Conclusion:

I’ve absolutely loved my first 3 months at LT Harper, both the work I’ve been doing/the things I’ve learned, and the people I’ve met. I cannot wait to see what the next 3 months has in store!