Easter break!

Hi Everyone! Semester 2 is officially in full swing but it is still Easter break!! With 2 huge assignments, 2 exams, and dissertation to finish, deadlines and exam season is creeping up. At the same time, it is also really important to make sure that you are taking time for yourself to rest and relax. There are a lot of things you can do in Guildford to spend time with your friends. So here are some of the things I did over the break with my friends.

1. Bowling

On one of the days we went bowling at Guildford Spectrum. Spectrum is a leisure complex that is located near stoke park. It is the go-to place if you want to go bowling/ice skating. They even have a leisure pool but I have never used it. You can easily check their website for promotions like happy hour or group books to save money when you split it with friends. My friends and I decided to go for the happy hour so we played for an hour and then headed to burger king for dinner.

1. Board games

Another thing I did was to rent some card and board games from the board games cafe in town, Unplug + Play. You can also choose to play in the cafe for Β£6. there have so many games you will be spoilt for choice. However, we rented two games for Β£10, for a week. We got some snacks on the way back and decided to go to the Spark and play there as it was pretty empty in the evening. A really simple activity but it was a lot of fun & great memories!

1. Watch a movie

There is a cinema located in Guildford, on the way to town. You can walk there from stag hill campus in about 15 minutes. Some movies can be on the pricey side but you will be able to find deals depending on the time. You can also purchase a monthly Odeon membership where you can watch unlimited movies! My friends and I decided to head to Aldershot to watch a movie just for the fun of it. We hadn’t left Guildford in a while so this was a great opportunity as well.

1. Explore neighboring towns.

Like I said I went to Aldershot to watch a movie but had some time to spare before that so we walked around for a bit. To be honest I don’t know what I was expecting but Aldershot just had different vibes than Guildford. There is a pretty huge shopping mall, and many Asian grocery stores, and restaurants. I also went to Shere. Shere is a small village between the towns of Guildford and Dorking. I took the bus there from the Friary bus stop but I believe the train would have been way cheaper. It took me about 25 minutes to get there by bus. Pro tip: Don’t go on a Monday because lots of the places/cafes are closed. Learned that the hard way. There really isn’t much to do here but if you’d like to leave Guildford for a little while to a very quiet place, this might be it. Apparently, lots of movies have been filmed here so you could search for those spots!

These are just some of the things you can do around Guildford. I really would have loved to travel outside of the UK over the Easter break but I didn’t plan it well in advance, especially with my assignment deadlines but definitely, this is something you could do!

Till next time!

Nitya