Introduction

Hey everyone! My name is Effie and I am an international student from Singapore. I am currently pursuing a Masterโ€™s in Business Analytics in the University of Surrey and am excited to share with you all my experience here and some tips as well which I hope you will find useful. To help you all put a face to the name, there’s me below in Luxembourg ๐Ÿ™‚

To share a little bit more about myself, I have previously completed my undergrad studies in Southampton so this is actually my fourth year in the UK. However, it is my first time in Guildford so although I would say I have grown accustomed to the UK culture, moving here was still quite a big change for me. I had to take some time to learn more about and adjust to living in a new town. This included things like getting around town, securing accommodation and finding out where to get essentials which I will be sharing more about in my other blog posts so be sure to stay tuned!

I am also currently in the Singapore society and tennis team which allows me to meet new people and destress from studies. The Singapore society as its name suggest, is a society which acts as a support network for Singaporeans in the University. However, it is not limited to only people from Singapore but to others who are interested in knowing more about the Singapore culture so I would highly recommend joining it. They have monthly events and celebrate the different festivals like back in Singapore such as the Chinese New Year, Deepavali, Christmas and more which makes it feel like a home away from home. It will be a great chance to meet other Singaporeans and hearing the familiar accent will help you feel less lonely here.

Alright, that’s it from me for now ๐Ÿ™‚ As mentioned previously, I will be sharing more about other topics such as the campus/city life in the next few posts so be sure to stay tuned! I will also be open to any other topics you would like me to share so just feel free to let me know what else you would like me to share. Till the, have a good week ahead!