Trip to Oxford!

I recently had the opportunity to visit the beautiful city of Oxford, and it was an experience that I will never forget. Located in the southeastern part of England, Oxford is known for its world-renowned university, which dates back to the 13th century. It is also a city with a rich history, beautiful architecture, and a vibrant cultural scene.

One of the first things I did when I arrived in Oxford was to take a walking tour of the city. The tour took us through the historic center of Oxford, where we saw the famous colleges of the University of Oxford, such as Christ Church, Magdalen College, Radcliffe Camera and the Bodleian Library. The architecture of these buildings was absolutely stunning, and it was amazing to think that they have been standing for hundreds of years. I truly recommend visiting Christ Church, especially if you have watched Harry Potter, since many of the scenes were filmed within this college!

After the walking tour, I spent some time exploring the city on my own. I visited the Oxford University Museum of Natural History, which has a fantastic collection of fossils, minerals, and specimens of plants and animals. I also walked through the Oxford Botanic Garden, which is one of the oldest botanic gardens in the world. It was a beautiful day, and the gardens were filled with colourful flowers and plants. In the evening, I visited the local market and walked along the riverside.

Overall, my trip to Oxford was an amazing experience. The city is full of history, culture, and beauty, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a unique and memorable travel destination. I can’t wait to go back and explore more of what Oxford has to offer.

Tip: Try not to travel to Oxford by train on a Sunday – train lines are usually closed for maintenance on a Sunday!

Christ Church College
Radcliffe Camera
Christ Church College dining room – Hogwarts School dining room