One trip that I will always remember

Hey guys !

I wanted to share with you one of my most memorable trips that I’ve ever experienced. As Easter holiday is on the way, I can recall the trip to Morocco last April! I have already told you that I really enjoy travelling and one of my goals was to visit North Africa. I would describe Morocco as the “richness of the desert”. Therefore, it has different meanings such as when the sun sets or the far west and is believed that it is the most colourful country in the world. Most specifically, the trip was compulsory as part of one of my modules last year, and obviously I took the opportunity and stayed for a week!

Now you are aware of the perks of studying tourism management 🙂

Some of the highlights of the trip:

• Djemaa El Fna : The most famous square of Marrakech where you will discover something new. By mid morning the soundtrack of snake-charmer flutes has already begun and the show starts when restaurants fire up their grills and musicians tune up their instruments. It is a very overcrowded market so be aware of the pickpockets, traffic and horse-drawn carriage traffic.
  • Colours : Okay. I must admit that I have never seen such colourful houses, windows and spices ! But, it is not only the colours that captured my attention, it was also the architecture and the creative sweet spot where ideas thrive and flourish especially for designers and artists.

• Desert : That was the best aspect of the trip and the most challenging as we had to travel for approximately 10 hours from the city of Marrakech to the Atlas Mountains, Zagora Villages and then Sahara Desert.

In the Sahara desert, we were sleeping and eating on the ground with no electricity and no wifi ( basically no phone)  for three days which isn’t something that I do in my daily routine. But I have to tell you that I understood the meaning of tradition and culture. Riding camels for 2 days as a means of transportation was something unique.

•  

See you on the next blog or maybe next trip ?

Katerina xxx