哩厚!Hi, everyone!

About me

Hi, everyone! My name is Catherine, I am the new student ambassador for year 19/20, I am first year student studying in International hospitality and tourism management, feel free to email me if you have any queries.

Studying in UK 英國留學生活

First of all, I want to talk about the life in UK as an international student so for those who are considering studying abroad in UK, you can know what it is like.

If I can only choose a word to describe the whole experience for studying in UK I would say “Independent” since you are out here yourself you have to sort out everything on your own, making new friends, trying to understand British accent(which is the hardest part for me 😭), getting lost on campus. It can be really hard the first few weeks since you don’t have any connection here, but remember you are not alone other international students also have the same struggle, try to make friends with your flatmates will help a lot, the first day I arrived my accommodation I just met most of my flatmates in the kitchen, they were all welcoming and friendly, one of my flatmates shared us with his homemade cookie, so don’t feel shy to say hi to your flatmates just put yourself out there and try your best you will get something back, like free cookie 😁.

Every year there are lots of international students coming to University of surrey to pursue better studying so the university also provides lots of help for those who are not from UK, for example town tour, campus tour, tesco tour to get around with current students so you don’t have to struggle alone with google map, moreover there are lots of events running on the first week, I recommend going to fresher’s week, it is a fair where most of societies will have stall to promote their events, simply sign up with email so you can know about upcoming events also grab some free food there!

Next post I will talk about the upcoming event Winter Ball so stay tuned!