End of Exams and Moving out

YAY! My first year of law school in England is over. It was a lot of hard work but I had such a great year in Guildford and am so grateful for all the opportunities that have been presented to me thus far. On top of a good academic year, I have been able to travel more than I’ve ever traveled before. I’ve also been able to play football for the University which has been such an honor and great fun. I’ve met so many wonderful people and made lifetime friends in the process. It has been an incredible experience.

On top of writing my last exam yesterday, I also had to move out of my dorm because, at the time this blog will be posted, I will be in Finland visiting my friend Noora. Therefore yesterday was quite the hectic day. Knowing that I would only have the evening after my exam to move out of my dorm, I decided very early to pack everything I could. Gradually, over exams, I packed everything that was going in the apartment in boxes, and the rest in my two luggage. Having gotten the keys to my apartment early, I also slowly started moving the things I didn’t need prior to my last day in dorms. This made for a rather smooth transition although I did have to live in boxes for a bit.

There are a few different things I’ve noticed students doing in order to move out. Some have called storing companies that will send you boxes to pack with and then pick them up to store for the summer. Others, have called moving companies to help them transfer their things to their new place. I, on the other hand, decided to just trek the boxes one at a time throughout the exam period. Thankfully I had my wonderful friend Heather to help me with the final transition after my last exam. The first option is best for student who do not have a lease beginning in June/July and head back home for the summer. The other two options are best for students whose lease begin now and go through the summer. My decision to walk the boxes over was purely to save myself some money and I looked at it as an excuse to get out of the house everyday.

But now that I am moved out and done with first year I am looking forward to an incredible summer filled with even more adventures! First stop, Finland!

Cheers!