A snowy Sunday morning

Hi everyone!

Here is a little update from me,

Firstly, in the country, the government is expanding community testing to all local authorities across England, offering Covid-19 tests to people who do not have symptoms. There is a regularly updated list which shows those local authorities who are currently rolling out community testing. This list can be found on the gov.uk website under ‘Community testing programme areas’.

On the work front, we are finally nearing the half-way mark of the placement year! This week, we have our University of Surrey Economics Placement Return Day. It is a day we get to catch up with our peers (albeit by Zoom!)  at the halfway stage of our placement year and also serves as one of our placement visits. Looking back, it seems as though my placement only started recently. I am so grateful to have come this far and to have gained this confidence, maturity and knowledge to set the foundation for my working life.

The University of Surrey placement service is a huge factor as to why I applied to the university in the first place. The Surrey graduates are recognized amongst one of the most employable in the UK! You can read more about it here: Professional Training placements | University of Surrey

Also, this week started off with a happy surprise, it was snowing on Sunday morning! (Unlike other years, the snow settled this time round!) This is my third year of studying abroad yet this is the first time I have seen and played in snow in the UK! I must say, it was an exciting experience. Here are some of the pictures I took:

Hoping and praying that everyone remains safe during this time.

That’s all for now folks,

Best,

Anne