Madrid, España

Hope your all doing well and enjoying the SUN which is a rare phenomenon here in the UK lol. This blog is about my most recent trip in Madrid before the commence of Semester 2 at the University.  I thought to write where I’ve been and what I enjoyed in order to get my mind-off the upcoming Exams and endless deadlines. So here you go, I’ve been to Spain before but only visited Barcelona 2 years ago so this time I got the chance to go with my boyfriend to the capital Madrid. I have to say that Barcelona is a really nice and colorful city to visit especially in the Summer. Whereas, Madrid can be a city break before summer maybe cause its too hot. To begin with, my favorite place is Retiro Park that I went twice in my 4 days there. The first time I went with my boyfriend was when we took out a paddle boat into the lovely lake and the second was just mainly to walk around because it’s a huge park and has many things to see like the Palacio De Cristal that is stunning.  I have to say that I took lots of pictures there and at the park there are many fountains that are really impressive. Also, a must is to go to Plaza Mayor for their famous Paella and Sangria. Gran Via is a good idea for shopping, girls will especially like their Zara which is huge. Additionally, my favorite place for food during the day was Mercado de San Miguel where you can find a variety of fish, paella, croquetas, mozzarella, drinks, desserts and a fruit and vegetable section. If you prefer restaurants the best suggestion I can give is book a table to have Tapas at Celso Y Manolo which is a traditional Spanish restaurant. Aw and before I forget CHURROS which is my absolute favorite Spanish dessert you should go to Chocolateria San Gines. They serve the most tasteful churros. Needless to say, that I could eat them every day if I could. Hope that the above tips help you if your planning a trip to Madrid anytime soon.

Love,

Lito Rose