Exams are over!!

Hello everyone, now that exams are over I can finally start blogging again!

For the last 2 weeks, I have been very busy with exams and trying to catch up on all the lectures and readings. The workload at university is not easy to be honest, I might seem like I spend a lot of time hanging out with friends or doing non-academic work, but in fact I do a lot of readings and coursework as well. It is semester 2, and I have not got any day offs this term… But that just means I will possibly and hopefully be more productive with a hectic timetable.

One thing that I realised recently is how important time management is, especially when you are studying at university. Unlike secondary schools or colleges, you are given a much more flexible timetable and free time that you will have to utilise on your own at uni. So it is important to learn how to manage your time effectively and make the most use of it. From my experience, I was not familiar with the change and I was too happy that I have got that many free times I basically wasted them on watching netflix and doing anything but schoolwork. So it was much harder for me when I was preparing for my exams because I literally had to catch up on so many work. Lesson no.1: Manage your time, set yourself a time table for studying and/or other things like going to the gym or grocery shop. You will find yourself becoming more organised and productive. I have now set myself a revision time table and a work out schedule. Following them makes me a more organised person and I can plan out other events or things I would want to do more easily. An extra tip is to stick to your schedule and time table. There is no point and it will be a waste if you are not following them.

But if you still don’t know what to do with your free time then joining a society or a sport team will also be a great option. Surrey has over 100 societies and sport teams you can take part in and chances are you will always find one or two you really enjoy and stick with. My suggestion is going to as many as you can during freshers, then pick one or two that you really like and stick with it. Benefits are you will learn more about the things you enjoy and meet more new people to expend your social circle. 😉

Please feel free to ask any questions or leave a comment 🙂 <3

Diana