Exploring UK – Northeast England

Hi ya, hope you are well and enjoying your summer 😊 In this blog, I am going to share my 4-days trip to Northeast England last month. It was a 4hour train journey that brought me to Newcastle. Though the weather was not the best (so the pictures were a bit gloomy). These cities give me another vibe of England which is quite different from the southeast part of England. So, it is still worth a visit:)

Newcastle

We have only spent half a day in Newcastle as our first day was mainly transporting xd. Sadly, we haven’t got enough time for sightseeing. Instead, we spent the evening walking around the city centre, chilling under the afterglow. Although this is nothing too special, I was very impressed by the Thai restaurant we randomly walk-by. This has been pinned as one of the top Thai food I had in the UK.

Random walk @Newcastle city centre
The Thai food we enjoyed so much!

Durham

The major highlight of the trip is to attend my friend’s graduation ceremony in Durham. Unfortunately, it was quite gloomy that day with a few showers in the morning. But we had some nice walks around the campus and city centre with my friend being the local tour guide. The ceremony took place inside Durham’s biggest and most historical cathedral. It was truly my pleasure to witness my best friend graduating and I feel so proud of her!

York

We spent the last two days of our trip in York. I would say all the tourist spots are in the city centre. And without much plan, we just freely hang around in the town centre. There are some nice cafes where you could just chill and relax. Some of the most famous spots include York Minster, Clifford’s Tower, York Art Gallery, and different museums as well. It might also be worth spending some time having a random walk along the York city walls. We just felt like walking in the history and as it is located quite high above, you will be able to view a nice scenery and glance of York.

Clifford’s Tower
York Minster

So this is a not-so-professional sharing of my trip xd. Any suggestions on where should I go next?