Goodbye Surrey

My last day at this university. I have been a part of this campus for a year now, feels surreal. Last year, sometime around November, I wrote my first blog as an Indian Student Ambassador. This will be my final blog bidding goodbye to the university tomorrow and memories of the past year is giving me all kinds of feels.

Being an international student, you come abroad to a reputed university to gain good education and meet people from different cultures and to experience life in a completely different light. I am utterly happy to say that, the one year I have been at this university has taught me so much, not just in an academic sense but also how to live independently and it also helped me to discover myself.  I have learnt to accept different people, cultures, traditions, lifestyles and have gained so much knowledge and wisdom from each and everyone I have met. The friendships I have formed here during this very short period of time is so strong that saying goodbye to them will be the hardest thing I will ever have to do.

Working as an international ambassador has helped me guide prospective students and also share my experience with them. This has been a truly wonderful job and I will be eternally grateful to all the international recruitment staff for giving me the opportunity to do this.

I am entering a new phase in my life where frankly everything seems very confusing and scary. Once you are out of university, you feel the pressure of finding a job and settling down. I have not been through this phase as I joined the masters course right after my undergraduation. Eventhough the aspect of searching for jobs and finding your career seems scary, I am proud to say that this university has given me the skills and expertise to believe in myself and be confident enough to find a job/career that will help me excel in life.

“When life gives you lemons, you make a lemonade out of it.” This saying has helped me get through some really hard times and I would advice you guys to try and follow it too. Treasure your time here at the university, because believe it or not before you even know it you will be saying goodbye.