‘Let’s take a walk’

Hey guys!

Sorry I haven’t been blogging for a few turns because I’ve unexpectedly come down with the flu. My antibodies are just totally in sync with the university’s exam schedule *sigh* maybe it kinda had something to do with me laying in snow without the enough layers on haha

img_2432

I’ve been spending a lot of time in my room lately and yesterday, a friend of mine asked if I’d like to walk with her. She’s Bengali but speaks Italian (so cool!).

Before I tell you about the walk I had yesterday,  you should know that I’ve always been the kind of person who studies by herself and group study sessions are definitely not for me. But studying for exams in the UK has been a different kind of struggle compared to how it was in Malaysia. I think it has a lot to do with the unfamiliar environment and random attacks of anxiety derived from that. I found myself not wanting to go to the library because of petty reasons but at the same time couldn’t get myself to study in my room either.

Anyways, back to the walk.

My friend called me up yesterday and for the first time asked if I’d like to go for a walk. Now going for a walk is not something people commonly do back from where I’m from so I got a little confused as why she wanted to. But I still went because she’s a good friend.

I didn’t think that walking was going to do much for my exam anxiety but I was so wrong. We went around campus (including Surrey’s pretty lake!) for almost an hour just talking about anything that comes to mind. It was entirely refreshing. It felt good talk freely about other things besides exams.

My point is, don’t bury yourself in books 24/7. Sometimes all you really need is some fresh winter air<3

With love,

Iman Ezidy