Italia è magnifico!

Hey guys!

I’m gonna jump right into it. The absolute highlight of my Spring break would definitely have to be going to Italy! I went with a friend of mine (who was born and raised in Bologna) and moved around for a week. What a week it was.

We started our adventure in Venice. Flight tickets were ridiculously cheap! Going there was only 25 iso pounds. We spent 2 days in there and I’d have to say, Venice was my paradise. We splurged a little bit and got ourselves a nice 4 star hotel, which was totally worth it. Our room overlooked the sea <3 There was just an amazing vibe to the city and all that sun reflecting on the water was absolutely stunning.

Next stop: Florence.

Most of our travelling was by train and it took us roughly 2 hours to get to Florence. We spent 2 days there and the city was filled with renaissance beauty. It was a city preserved with beautiful architecture and amazing gelato. We stayed at an Airbnb with a nice Chinese couple who I owe my life to as I caught such a bad cold there and they helped me out so much!

Then, Pisa.

To be honest, I didn’t feel like there was anything else to do at Pisa except well you guessed it; the leaning tower of Pisa. We took  day trip there and spent the first 2 hours capturing the tourist pictures (yes, the ones that look like you’re trying to push the tower haha) and the next 3 hours just sunbathing. I got super tanned, and I loved it!

Later that evening we made our way to Roma.

Rome was exactly what we all think of it. The Romans, and it’s empire. We did the whole tourist thing of course. Visited the Colosseum,  Roman Forum, Palatine Hill and everything in between. We spent a good 3 days and 3 nights here before heading to Milan.

Milan, oh how I wished it didn’t rain the whole day.

Unfortunately, we couldn’t see the beautiful city as it poured on us. To be fair, we were already really broke and couldn’t have done much anyways as most things to do in the city required money. So we headed to the airport 7 hours before our actual flight which wasn’t as bad as it sounds thanks to free wifi haha. Oh did I mention, our ticket back was only 15 quids!

All in all, I’m definitely coming back to Italy. First to visit my now most favourite place on earth: Venice. And second, to give Milan a second chance. Go to Italy if you have the chance, their gelato are to die for.

Talk to you soon,

Iman