Exploring Korean & Japanese Cuisine in Guildford

Hey fellow students! If you’re anything like me, you’re always on the hunt for tasty eats that won’t drain your wallet. Well, look no further! I’ve explored three fantastic eateries offering delightful Japanese and Korean dishes. From Itsu’s affordable pricing to Atto’s Korean comfort, let’s enjoy eating food from across the world!

Itsu: Sushi Galore for Student Wallets

Itsu is my go-to spot as it offers affordable pricing on various Japanese dishes. I have tried their famous coconut chicken soup, Korean spicy stir-fry style udon noodles, katsu curry stir-fry style udon noodles, katsu curry vegan bao, and salmon sushi plates. Personally, I was really surprised by how warm and comforting their famous coconut chicken soup was. For salmon sashimi lovers, this is definitely your go-to place as they serve different kinds of sushi plates. The portions are enough for me, but for big eaters, I recommend going for 2 dishes or adding a sushi plate to your hot dish.

And get this – verify your student ID on the app for a sweet 15% discount. Plus, every purchase gets you closer to a free treat with their stamp rewards. It’s sushi paradise on a student budget!

Kokoro: Japanese Delights for Student Foodies

With affordable pricing, you can enjoy various Japanese dishes from chicken katsu curry to kaki udon. They also serve sides such as gyoza, edamame, and pumpkin koroke. If you’re looking for sushi, they have a variety of options. Additionally, the cozy ambiance makes it perfect for a casual gathering with friends. If you didn’t already know, Kokoro has two stores in town: one in North Street and one in Friary Centre.

Atto: Korean Comfort Food with a Student Twist

Sometimes, a little spice is just what I need to shake up my student routine. That’s where Atto comes in clutch! From kimchi jjigae to beef bulgogi, Atto serves up Korean classics that warm the soul – perfect for those chilly student days. The atmosphere in the restaurant is perfect for a gathering with friends, but remember to book ahead for large groups as it can get quite busy. Keep an eye out for student discounts on certain days too – because who says student life can’t be deliciously affordable?

So there you have it – your ultimate guide to conquering Korean and Japanese cuisine in Guildford without emptying your pockets. Whether you’re rolling sushi at Itsu, slurping noodles at Kokoro, or getting your spice fix at Atto, there’s a flavor adventure waiting for you. So grab your student ID, gather your mates, and let’s eat our way through Guildford – one delicious bite at a time! 🍣🍜

What are you waiting for? Grab your friends and run to Itsu, Kokoro and Atto! Don’t walk!