WINTER HOLIDAY IN LONDON

Hello everyone, guess who’s back? It is your one and only, Joan Opel. Hmmm, it’s been a very hectic period around here. But, ultimately, with all the stress from assignments, dissertations, and exams, nothing other than some time off from school can relieve you of all your worries. So before I choke you up with how much stress I’ve been through lately, allow me to share with you the happy moments of my winter holidays. If you’re wondering where and how I spent my winter holidays, well, it’s in London, just about an hour from Guildford. The winter holiday came at a perfect time, perfect in the sense that it allowed me to take time off from my busy schedule for some relaxation and fun. I considered London to be the ultimate destination for the much-desired fun and thrills I very much needed, and may I tell you, I wasn’t disappointed one bit.

When you consider the various areas of London alongside its top sights and attractions, it is easy to note that the city was born with the intent of showcasing everything sweet, styled, and straight-up pretty. However, the true fun came during our boat cruise on the River Thames, after which we visited the winter wonderland. The Thames is the longest river in England and flows at 215 miles. One marvel about this river that was once declared “biologically dead” is that it is now a flourishing ecosystem, home to some 125 species of fish 92 species of birds, with a crucial habitat for a range of wildlife spanning almost 600 hectares of salt marsh. The river also boasts of three sections of outstanding natural beauty and remains the only river in Europe to have a national trail follow its entire length. 

Our boat cruise on the River Thames was a truly scintillating and exceptional experience. I marvelled at the stunning views of the House of Parliament, the London Eye, and Tower Bridge. It was so thrilling. Our first trial was a luxurious dining cruise followed by an adrenaline-pumping experience. The boat cruise was a pleasant idea, and I very much cherish every memory I had of it. Away from the enjoyable boat cruise in the River Thames, our next stop was the Winter Wonderland, and in the words of my dear friend Sean Nelson, it was a “party-after-party” ðŸ˜Š. This amazing Winter Wonderland in London is a large annual Christmas event held in Hyde Park from mid-November to early January. Our time in the winter wonderland was both adventurous and exponential. My kids had a swell time, and before we had even made it out of the park, they were already asking when next they could visit. They particularly enjoyed the food, the shows, and of course, various rides on the great wheels, the ice skating, the fire pit, and the ice slides. The park is full of very nice food, and I enjoyed the sausages I got in the street food village. They were so tempting, and I could smell them from a mile away. The whole park looks like it’s straight out of a fairytale. While it is beautiful at any time of the year, winter in London is exceptionally magical, with the snow-covered trees surrounding the park creating a true winter wonderland. 

My winter holidays were fun-filled, and I cherish every bit of it. The activities and experience have earned the worth of my time, and I hope to do it again! see some photos below.(check out some @ https://www.instagram.com/joan.opel/)

The Giant Wheel
Inside the Giant wheel
The London Eye
Tower Bridge
My girl posing for a picture. lol(Amazing view)